Apprentices have the potential to develop skills specific to the employers needs and bring with them fresh ideas, and we at Beta Futures have always advocated the advantages of hiring an apprentice and the myriad of benefits they bring with them! We believe the Levy can provide an opportunity to bring together both the theoretical and practical application of skills that businesses require, whilst creating career pathways for talented individuals.
With the Apprenticeship Levy coming into effect as of April 2017, we hope more employers will be able to see ours (and the governments) vision that an apprentice is a valuable asset to an organisation (rather than a liability which can often be the perception amongst some employers). The programme doesn’t trade quality for quantity but instead helps an organisation to develop their workforce in a simple and bureaucracy free manner!
All employers across all sectors will have access to The Levy, allowing improvement in training quality. Because hiring an apprentice is a positive step for businesses, the government has acknowledged that businesses should have control in finding and hiring a candidate, what kind of training they would like and choosing a training provider. Businesses can then pay for the apprentice training through the government funds available. Employers will get out more than they put in by having their levy payments topped up if they chose to invest more in apprenticeships and training.
A lot to take in? Not sure where to begin planning? We’re here to help! Beta Futures Consultancy can help employers create apprenticeship programmes. We tailor our services to exactly what employers want! That being internal training and development programmes specifically mapped against the national apprenticeship standards. Furthermore, we will ensure your business is taking the correct steps to be eligible for government funding.
For those employers in scope for payment of The Levy we can help maximise your return on the investment. For smaller organisations (on less than £3million payroll per year), we will consult with you on developing the skills your organisation needs -because after all, great performance doesn’t depend on size, right? It’s not just about finding you the right apprentice, but we believe in developing your business, training existing staff and breaking down barriers to growth. Recruit, retain, retrain is our mantra for Beta business!
It’s never too soon to start planning ahead. Call us and let’s start discussions today on how we can improve your workforce!
2 fantastic opportunities to start your career with a growing SME based in Nutfield:
Business & Administration Apprentice
Desired Skills –
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate
- Effectively be able to manage own workload and prioritise
- Ability to switch between projects when required
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Personal Qualities –
- Enthusiastic, ambitious, self-motivated and inquisitive
- Ability to follow detailed instructions and work accurately
- Conscientious and diligent
- Effective team member
- Ability to work on own initiative.
Desired Skills –
- Good dexterity
- Attention to detail and tidy worker
- Ability to follow instructions/manuals/procedures
- Ability to see projects through to completion
- Enthusiastic accurate team player
- Show initiative and be interested in how things work
- Self-motivated with a methodical and disciplined approach to work Good communication skills
Contact Beta Futures on 01293 817227/ firstname.lastname@example.org or Sigtahttp://www.sigta.co.uk/ if you are interested!
*Applicants must be second year University of Sussex students on the First Generation Scholar programme*
ABOUT BETA FUTURES
Beta Futures is a social enterprise that aims to help small businesses break down the barriers to growth by removing bureaucracies and creating jobs. We provide business services to the SME market, these include: bid writing, training, business planning and strategy, web hosting and consultancy.
The 50+ Skills Exchange Club is the vehicle by which the company delivers its social mission. Beta Futures’ social mission is to harness the experience, knowledge and skills of older people ensuring that they continue to actively engage within their local communities; thus reducing the risk of social isolation.
- Maintaining and growing social media platforms
- Copy writing blogs and press releases
- Designing marketing and promotional materials
- Providing administrative support
- Organising and managing events
- Representing the company at business meetings and networking events
- Market research
IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to work on multiple projects at one time
- Good attention to detail
- Strong IT skills
- Creative and organised
- Office experience
- An interest in Corporate Social Responsibility and the Third Sector
Subject to the success of the internship, there may be further opportunity for ongoing employment at Beta Futures. This may suit a student hoping to do a Placement Year.
Please contact Molly at email@example.com with your CV and Cover Letter.
Deadline for Application: Friday 8th April 2016